River’s Edge Park
Also known as “Wallace House Park,” this city park is an undeveloped greenway. In recent years, local authorities have come to believe that this was once the site of Wallace House, an 1810 fur trading post temporarily constructed by a contingent of the Astor Party sent up the Willamette to search for food and fur. While there is scant archaeological evidence, the site seems the best match for historical accounts.
The park offers river access down a long dirt — and sometimes steep — path to an extensive, somewhat brushy shoreline. The path is located on the north end of the main park area.